Don't Ignore Foot Pain!
Five foot problems you should never ignore
If you are experiencing pain or discomfort in your feet, don’t ignore it! Most foot conditions are treatable, and easier to treat, when diagnosed early.
- Heel pain is often caused by tissue inflammation, but can also result from a broken bone, a tight Achilles tendon, a pinched nerve, or other problem. A qualified physician will know how to diagnose and treat the true cause of heel pain.
- Ankle sprains always, always, always require a prompt visit to the doctor. Men who skip out on medical care are more likely to suffer repeated ankle sprains and then develop chronic ankle instability.
- Big toe stiffness and pain develops slowly over time, as cartilage in the big toe joint wears down. This eventually leads to arthritis. The sooner a man has this diagnosed, the easier it is to treat.
- Achilles tendonitis usually develops from a sudden increase in physical activity, such as when men play weekend sports. Chances of an Achilles tendon rupture can be reduced by treatment of the symptoms of Achilles tendonitis: pain and tenderness on the back of the foot or heel.
- Ingrown toenails can pierce the skin, open the door for bacteria to enter the body, and convince some men to perform dangerous "bathroom surgery." Few men know that a doctor can perform a quick procedure that will end the pain and permanently cure an ingrown toenail.
How can we help you?
The professional staff at Westmoreland Foot & Ankle Care find caring for your podiatric health exceptionally rewarding. If you are experiencing pain, please don't wait. Contact the office right away for an appointment at one of our two offices. In Irwin, call (724) 863-0996. For the Greensburg location, call (724) 832-1000.